The programme is designed to produce competent engineers who are ready to contribute effectively to the advancement of mechanical engineering causes and to accommodate the needs of the community. These objectives are as follows:
- To give students a broad exposure to all areas of Mechanical Engineering and mold them to be technically competitive and place them ahead in the race for quality employment.
- To enable the students to acquire practical experience in Mechanical Engineering discipline through design projects and opportunities to work with faculty in research.
- To train the students and enable them to meet the technological challenges and diverse needs of industry and society in various areas of Mechanical Engineering and equip them to excel in a global industry
- To provide students with the fundamental technical knowledge and skills in mathematics, science and engineering to recognize and solve problems in the areas of design, thermal and manufacturing.
- To mould the students to become future engineers, scientists, researchers, and innovators and make substantial contributions to the society of mechanical engineers.
- To make the students put constant efforts to improve the living quality of all walks of life by solving wide range of problems.
Department of Mechanical Engineering offers a 4-year graduate program leading to a B.Tech. Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Curriculum of this course is designed to meet current industrial requirements with an emphasis on industrial interaction and applied engineering.