The educational objectives for Civil Engineering program are designed to produce competent engineers who are ready to contribute effectively to the advancement of civil engineering causes and to accommodate the needs of the community. These objectives are as follows:
- To provide students with the fundamental technical knowledge and skills in mathematics, science and engineering to recognize and solve problems in the areas of structural design, geo-technical and environmental engineering.
- To provide students with the necessary skills and practical experience to fulfill their professional duties and responsibilities in teamwork, ethics, technical leadership, business acumen and lifelong learning.
- To make the students be in a position to practice professionally in various positions in industry or government and succeed in graduate or other professional schools.
- To mould the students to become future engineers, scientists, researchers and innovators and make substantial contributions to the society of civil engineers.
- To prepare the students to be successful engineers or managers meeting the global industrial requirements.
- To make the students put constant efforts to improve the living quality of all walks of life by solving wide range of problems.
The discipline Civil Engineering, the oldest engineering discipline, is being offered at NSIT the right from its second year. The department is ready to produced Civil Engineering graduates of high quality and caliber.